Dear Colleagues:

I am working on a paper concerning Matthew Paris and the Parisian monastic
colleges and need your help in understanding the significance of a certain
passage. Matthew Paris writes (in Richard Vaughan's translation):

	From the incarnation of the Lord twenty-five half-centuries have
elapsed. Nor does it seem that 	Easter has fallen on its own day, namely the
sixth of the kalends of April [27 March], in any 	jubilee year, namely
the fiftieth, except in this last year.

I am interested in the notion of Easter falling on its own day. What does
this mean and what is its signficance? I thought for a moment it meant that
Easter and the feast of the Annunciation [25 March] fell on the same day in
1250, which conjunction would presage the end of the world. But this does
not seem to be the case in this passage.

Also, I have lost from my favorites the wonderful calendar programs
developed by members of the group. If the URLs could be sent, I'd be very
appreciative.

Thomas Sullivan, OSB