Hi,

I am an investigative journalism student at the Centre of Broadcasting and
Journalism in Nottingham.  I am doing a dissertation for my MA about the
effects of New Deal and youth training as a whole on the young unemployed.
After doing some factual research, I would be very grateful for your
valuable personal viewpoint on the following questions.

Do you think the government training schemes are simply an attempt to keep
young unemployed off the streets? Why/Why not?

Do you think that youth training schemes such as New Deal are effective?
Why/In what ways?

What, if any, problems do you perceive in New Deal for employers, the
government, and the young unemployed?

What do you think about the development of youth training schemes since the
1980s?

What do you think the psychological and social effects of New Deal are on
the young unemployed?

Do many people on New Deal end up with a permanent job?

What qualifications do New Deal trainees receive and what are their options?

What alternatives do you think there are to New Deal for the young
unemployed and for the government?

Who are the young unemployed on New Deal?

Why was New Deal created?

Are any of the young unemployed refused New Deal opportunities?

Thank you for your time.
Kind Regards,
                          Fiona Fraser      [log in to unmask]