Dear David,

Hiroshi Yamashita has published the following articles on the FQ:
	1981 ‘The Printing of The First Part (Books I-III) of The Faerie Queene in
1590 (I)', Studies in Languages and Cultures (University of Tsukuba)
11:143-178
	 1982 ‘The Printing of The First Part (Books I-III) of The Faerie Queene
in 1590 (II)', Studies in Languages and Cultures (University of Tsukuba)
13:231-284

You will know his A Comprehensive Concordance to The Faerie Queene 1590
Tokyo, and  A Textual Companion to The Faerie Queene 1590 Tokyo

Toshiyuki Suzuki has the following:
		1983 ‘The Spelling of the Rhymes in 1590 Quarto of The Faerie 	Queene',
Treatises and Studies by the Faculty of Kinjo Gakuin University 100, 24:
83-101
	 1993 ‘Irregular Visual Rhymes in The Faerie Queene, Part I (Books
I-III)', Treatises and Studies by the Faculty of Kinjo Gakuin University
149, 34: 61-80
	1997  ‘A Note on the Errata to the 1590 quarto of The Faerie Queene',
Treatises and Studies by the Faculty of Kinjo Gakuin University 169:38,
105-129
	1999 ‘The Punctuation of The Faerie Queene Reconsidered' Treatises and
Studies by the Faculty of Kinjo Gakuin University 179, 40: 151-171

I am very impressed by the number of copies they have collated and the
thoroughness of their editing.

Re the revised Longman FQ: the annotations were submitted in late November,
the text in two batches because the first two were lost: in December and in
early January. Since the annotations and text do not need to be
rekeyboarded, the edition should be out this year. But I recall that I made
such forecasts for several years with the Spenser Encyclopedia.

		Cheers, Bert

A.C.Hamilton
Cappon Professor Emeritus
Queen's University, Canada