Here are this week's quotations (Feb 27 to March 4th)

1.  …he reached the lamp in safety, tingling with drowsiness, when a
policeman - a common country policeman - touched him on the shoulder ere he
could dive into the dim valley below. He was filled with terror - the
hopeless terror of dreams …

2.  … We waited and waited for Fleetes’s reappearance, and  ordered dinner
in the meantime. We could hear him moving about his own room, but there was
no light there. Presently from the room came the long-drawn howl of a
wolf…My heart stopped as though a knife had been driven through it…

 3.  ‘.. its not so easy to kill a man like yon. When I’d given up my horse
to th’ lad as took my place and I was showing th’ preacher th’ workings,
shoutin’ into his ear against the clang o’ th’ pumpin’ engines, I saw he
were afraid o’ naught…’

The sources of last week's (Feb 20-26th) - as several people have pointed
out, were as follows:

1. 'The Vortex' in 'A Dversity of Creatures'

2. 'Red Dog' in 'The Second Jungle Book'

3. 'The Mother Hive' in 'Actions and Reactions'.

If you are looking at the web-site from time to time, you may have noticed
that we are now offering a link to the sources of the current week's
quotations, so that you can check them straight away.

All good wishes, John R