Just by way of light relief from the steady stream of people asking us
to identify lines which are almost certainly not Kipling, I share this
with you as the only people who will appreciate my sense of failure as a
parent    : - )

My son is travelling in Africa at the moment, and sent back a photo
captioned on the reverse:
"'The great green greasy Limpopo river' (Hemingway I think). Actually
it's not very green"

Looking at the photo, it is in fact grey-green as per spec.

Mind you, I don't think I read him 'The Elephant's Child' when he was
little, because I never liked it when I was young. I think it may have
been held up to me as a morality tale about not being too curious. What
a shame!

Liz