Having been away from my desk for a few days, I have been struck by the 'pandora's box' opened by hazel.  I also suffered the same problem when trying to complete the analysis on my Master's Thesis, and although I tried out most of the suggestions put forward on this list, in the long run none of them sufficed.

I would strongly recommend that those working at QSR make this a priority and try to rethink the coding mechanism used in N4, and NVivo.

Ow ow ow
I ended up wearing a support strap.  I know that qualitative research requires dedication, but bodily sacrifice is a bit much.  I'm also just about to start off coding stuff in NUDIST again, eek.

Sarah Delaney
NWCI Millennium Project
51 Moyglare Abbey
Maynooth