>Dear Ian & Colette,
>
>It makes you wonder whether it really matters why it works, just that it
>does and thus we should look for what is actually going to help that
>individual patient in the best way.  Makes you start to question the
>current
>furore over evidence based practice and RCTs all that.
>
>Also just a brief thought!

A further brief thought:

If a desirable effect is caused by any person in a white coat with  suitable
attire why should hospitals pay trained staff to do it when a physio
assistant could do this just as well at a much cheaper cost.

Surely as physiotherapists we should try to stick to treatments that have
some physical effect as a reliance on placebo effect will just devalue the
service we provide.

Cheers

'German' John Willenbruch