Other list members may be interested in the Forum: Qualitative Social Research.
I have included their details below.

I am interested in how a networked environment may alter our research methods.
There is a prospect of new media becoming available allowing both for a
revision of how we do our research and how we disseminate our findings. The
article by Andreas Wittel gives an interesting review of some of the impacts
networked technology might have on ethnographic research. He looks in
particular at the idea of locality but his article ranges over a number of
significant issues.

There are a number of other articles in this edition that raise issues about
research in a networked environment. I hope you find the reference interesting
and if anyone would like to begin discussing issues related to the articles I
for one would be very interested.

Chris Jones,

Tel: +44 (0) 1524 593421
Centre for Studies in Advanced Learning Technology (CSALT),
Department of Educational Research,
Lancaster University,
Lancaster LA1 4YL,
United Kingdom.

The first issue of "Forum Qualitative Sozialforschung / Forum:
Qualitative Social Research" (FQS) is now available online at
http://qualitative-research.net/fqs.

We wish you hopefully stimulating readings & invite you to comment on
the contributions you are interested in via discussionboard!

Katja Mruck

Ps: If you have any problems (e.g. accessing a site), please let us now.

----------

The following contributions are freely available online
F=Fulltext, A=Abstract
E=English, G=German, S=Spanish

Concerning FQS

Katja Mruck: FQS - Idea, Realisation, Future Perspectives (FE, FG)

Gwen Peniche & Jarg Bergold: Peer-Reviewing (FE, FG)

Franz Breuer & Katja Mruck: FQS - Some Final Remarks on the First Issue
(FE, FG)

NATIONAL PERSPECTIVES

Cesar A. Cisneros Puebla: Mexico (FE, FS, AG; FG Febr. 2000)

Bobbi Kerlin: United States of America (FE, AG)

Katja Mruck in collaboration with Guenter Mey: Germany (FG, AE; FE Febr.
2000)

Kazujo Suzuki: Japan (FE, AG)

DISZIPLINARY PERSPECTIVES

Vera Bitsch: Agricultural Economics and Qualitative Research:
Incompatible Paradigms? (FE, FG)

Ian Hodgson: Ethnography and Health Care: Focus on Nursing (FE, AG)

Ina Hunger & Joerg Thiele: Qualitative Research in Sport Science (FE,
FG)

Gabi Loeschper: Crime and Social Control as Fields of Qualitative
Research in the Social Sciences (FE, FG)

Guenter Mey: Qualitative Research and the Analysis of Processes.
Considerations towards a "Qualitative Developmental Psychology" (FG, AE;
FE Febr. 2000)

Robert A. Scharf: Why War? And Other Burning Questions: An Invitation to
Psychohistory (FE, AG)

RESEARCH APPROACHES AND METHODS

H. Ken Crawford, Marnie L. Leybourne & Allan Arnott: How we Ensured
Rigour from a Multi-site, Multi-discipline, Multi-researcher Study (FE,
AG)

Gerhard Kleining & Harald Witt: The Qualitative Heuristic Approach: A
Methodology for Discovery in Psychology and the Social Sciences.
Rediscovering the Method of Introspection as an Example (FE, FG)

Susann Kluge: Empirically Grounded Construction of Types and Typologies
in Qualitative Social Research (FE, FG)

Karl Kollmann: Changes in Electronic Communications. What the User
Figures for the New Communications Technologies aren't Telling us ...
(FE, FG)

Johannes Moes: From Text- to Hypertext-analysis: Consequences for
Qualitative Research (FG, AE)

Judith M. Newman: Action Research: A Brief Overview (FE, AG)

Roger J. Rezabek: Online Focus Groups: Electronic Discussions for
Research (FE, AG)

Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim: Grounded Theory Methodology as the Research
Strategy for a Developing Country (FE, AG)

Rudolf Schmitt: Notes Towards the Analysis of Metaphor (FE, FG)

Andreas Wittel: Ethnography on the Move: From Field to Net to Internet
(FE, AG)

Andreas Witzel: The Problem-centered Interview (FE, FG)

EMPIRICAL EXAMPLES

Gesine Baer: The Art of  Re-representing - Project Organization and the
Production of 'Facts' at the Construction of "Potsdamer Platz"/Berlin
(FG, AE; FE Febr. 2000)

Barbara Braeutigam: The Expulsion of the Inner Devil - The Motivation of
Therapists to Work with Persecuted and Traumatized People and their
Children (FE, FG)

Anja Declercq: Participant Observation in Nursing Home Wards for People
Suffering from Dementia: The Problems of Trust and Emotional Involvement
(FE, AG)

Robert Faux: A Description of the Uses of Content Analyses and
Interviews in Educational/Psychological Research (FE, AG)

Kai J. Jonas & Margarete Boos: Archaic Elements of Computer-mediated
Communication (FE, FG)

Corinna Onnen-Isemann: Involuntary Childless Marriages and the Effects
of Reproductive Technology: The Case of Germany (FE, FG)

Karl Prokopp: Paradoxes and Antinomies in the Professional Acting of
Teachers (FG, AE)

--
FQS - Forum Qualitative Sozialforschung
/ Forum: Qualitative Social Research (ISSN 1438-5627)

Postal address:
Technical University of Berlin
Psychology at the Institute for Social Sciences
ATLAS - Archiv fur Technik, Lebenswelt, Alltags-Sprache
- FQS / Dr. Katja Mruck -
Sekr. HAD 40
Hardenbergstr. 4-5
D - 10623 Berlin

e-mail: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
fax: +49 / 30 / 314 25296
phone: +49 / 30 / 314 25400 or 791 5431 (priv.)