Following my advance warning notice of 7 February (repeated below), and its
inevitable subsequent questions from both UK and from abroad (thankyou
especially, California colleagues, for your interest and concern!), I have
been informed within the last hour of the charges that our Council has
decided will be introduced with effect from 11.00 hours on Monday 28
February 2000.  These will be, per diem for non-members, GBP10.00 (wage
earners) and GBP5.00 (persons un-waged or in full-time education).  The very
recently up-dated 'Collections' pages of the Society's Website, where the
present figures of GBP15.00 and GBP5.00 respectively are cited, will be
changed again soon.  Hopefully...

Francis Herbert (Curator of Maps, RGS-IBG)