PT results from two shear zones (the Main Central Thrust and the Munsiari Thrust) are given in:

 VANNAY, J.-C. & GRASEMANN, B. (1998): Himalayan inverted metamorphism in the High Himalaya of Kinnaur (NW India): petrography versus thermobarometry.- Schweiz. Mineral. Petrogr. Mitt., 78, 107-132.

 VANNAY, J.-C., SHARP, Z.D. & GRASEMANN, B. (1999): Himalayan inverted metamorphism constrained by oxygen isotope thermometry.- Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology, 137/1-2, 90-101.

A model for these shear zones is published in:

GRASEMANN, B. & VANNAY, J.-C. (1999): Flow controlled inverted metamorphism in shear zones.- Journal of Structural Geology, 21/7, 743-750.

GRASEMANN, B., FRITZ, H. & VANNAY, J.-C. (1999): Quantitative kinematic flow analysis from the Main Central Thrust Zone (NW-Himalaya, India): implications for a decelerating strain path and the extrusion of orogenic wedges.- Journal of Structural Geology, 21/7, 837-853.

cheers B.

Bernhard Grasemann
Institut fuer Geologie, University of Vienna
Althanstrasse 14/2B447
A-1090 Vienna (Austria)

Phone:  +43 (1) 31336-1972
Fax:    +43 (1) 31336-782
Mobile: +43 (676) 5422706

Email: [log in to unmask]
www: bigaxp.geologie.univie.ac.at/grasemann