I would be grateful for any references which will help me to discuss the
issue of terminology around "learning disability" v. "learning
difficulty", as I have been required to use the former in my work
situation, and now advised to use the latter in academic writing.  I am
doing research and dissertation on Parents with learning
difficulties/disabilities and have read a fair bit by Tim and Wendy
Booth (who use the term learning difficulty).  If anyone could also
direct me to a contact from "People First" I would also find this
helpful, as I understand they may prefer the term "learning
difficulty".  I am not in any way suggesting that such "labels" are
right or wrong, just needing to find an acceptable way of sorting this
one out!  Thanks.

Janet Iles
Student, MA in Disability Studies