Hi Gabi - the most accessibly written text if you are fairly new to the
subject is probably :
Robert Herbert Impressionism : art, leisure and Parisian society Yale
University Press,  1988
Also
Charles Rearick   Pleasures of the belle epoque : entertainment  and
festivity in turn of the century France Yale, 1985
	&
	TJ Clark The Painting of Modern Life  Thames & Hudson

	There also several good texts on the individual artists, which look
in some detail at relevant images - it all depends on how much time you have
and the scale of your project

	Good luck!