--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 14:59:05 -0500
From: Chuck0 <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [mayday2k] IWW: A16 Call to Action
Sender: Chuck0 <[log in to unmask]>
To: AnarchyAreWe <[log in to unmask]>

From: Chuck0 <[log in to unmask]>

CALL TO ACTION
APRIL 16TH AND 17TH IN WASHINGTON, DC

The IMF (International Monetary Fund) and the World Bank are holding a
major set of meetings in Washington, DC.  Activists from around the
globe are converging on DC to shut these meetings down.  We are building
on "the Spirit of Seattle" and targeting the other two thirds of the
"Evil Triumvirate" who are facilitating globalization.

On April 16-17, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank will
meet in Washington to expand their power over developing countries.
Without the IMF and the Bank, there would be no "World Trade
Organization," -- for twenty years the IMF and the Bank have forced
developing countries to adopt the sweatshop model of export-led growth
now codified in the WTO.

It is essential that there is a large radical labor contingent at any
event of this nature.  We need to make our message heard through large
representation and creative non-violence.  The expected large Wobbly
presence should have some actions planned in advance for what we can add
to these actions.  People should come down to DC for the week leading up
to this shut down, there will be a week of actions, trainings,
teach-ins, and workshops from the 8th to the 16th.

If you are planning to join us please contact me, Dave Duffy by email:
[log in to unmask] We will work on housing, coordination, and hopefully
food.  Please get in touch as early as possible, this is a very large
event which most of the branch down here has a ton of time invested in
already, so the more notice you give us the more smoothly things will
run.  See you in April.

Valentine's Day Shopping Made Simple.  Click Here!

Shortcut URL to this page:
  http://www.onelist.com/community/mayday2k

--- End Forwarded Message ---

D.J. McKnight