Wayne Neighbors wrote:

> The web news on this end described "drilling the back of the head" for
> a "sample" but said little about what was done with it. I did not save
> the link as I did not take the report seriously.
>
> The web news report contained no meaningful information to follow up
> such as where to go (institutions, etc.) for further information. I
> also wished to know more. Somewhat like the question down below that
> begs to know: who is Roman Hristov? So I tried the publication route -
> on the Internet - for Ancient Mesoamerica.

Hi Wayne, apparently the drilling at the back of the head was to acquire
samples for thermoluminescence testing (info found in one of your
links).  As far as this Roman Hristov person, I also have never heard of
him; perhaps he's an independent scholar!  As far as early contact
between Europe and the New World, why not?
BTW, the information you provided was thorough and informative.  Thanks.
Gerry
2/13/00
--

Gerald Reinhart