Thanks, Kevin.

You hit the nail right on the head regarding what I was trying to say.  We
should try and find out exactly why things work - but we shouldn't abandon a
treatment because we can't find the theory: we just might not be able to
fathom out WHY it works yet.  What I meant about RCTs was that they are so
controlled and as physios we do not work in controlled situations.  We
(hopefully) assess each patient as an individual not as a condition or
symptom and then we use our problem solving skills regarding how we can best
help them.

Grey was in fashion, but then after buying a load of grey stuff my friends
then tell me it is rapidly going out again.  Back to the shops!  Then again,
I don't have much of an accessory in my little grey matter to go with the
clothes.

Alison.