in case it can be helpful for other person than you paolo
here is the mail given below.

ERIC BENHAMOU
The Financial Markets Group
Room G 303
The London School of Economics
Houghton Street
London WC2A 2AE

Tel:  (0171) 955 7895
Fax: (0171) 242 1006
e-mail :  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
web-page : http://cep.lse.ac.uk/fmg/people/ben-hamou/

Dear Colleagues,
you might find the following informations of some interest, it is a
compilation of sites
giving the availability of statistical/time series software for the linux
operating system.
Compilation of contributions to timeseries list.

<http://www.ch.qub.ac.uk/SAL/index.shtml>
recommended:
1. R (very good Splus Clone)
2. XLDLAS (nice attempt for "novel" time-series techniques)
3. OCTAVE (Matlab Clone)
4. Scilab (Matlab Clone)
5. Rlab (Matlab like)
6. Yorick (Ox - C  like, mostly Chaotic stuff modelling)
7. OX (great) : <http://hicks.nuff.ox.ac.uk/Users/Doornik/>
You might be able to download the binary versions but is recommended
to get the source and recompile it in your platform.

Most of them are available for Windows 98 (yuk) as well...
The Linux versions always more stable...

Also
<http://www.tspintl.com>
<http://www.timberlake.co.uk>

(Contrbutors: Konstantinos Euripides Vorloou < [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>,
              Thorsten Wichmann < [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>)

Yours,