A couple of questions that I am not clear on after consulting the
approrpiate manuals:

1) Using Nvivo (1.1) I see an advantage in printing out from the document
browser rather than making a report, since I can then have a printout
which includes coding stripes in the right margin.

However, Nvivo does not seem to allow for any customizing of such
outprints. The problem I find most pressing is that the font is
ridiculously small ( I get the equivalent of what appears as two pages on
the computerscreen, on one sheet of paper). Is there really no way of
ajusting this at all?

2) secondly, still being novice to Nvivo, I don't understand the
difference between "node sets", "case-nodes" or "case-type-nodes". I
imagine that there would be some advantage in using these over simply
using a hierarchical tree structure of nodes, as in Nudist 4.0, but I am
at a loss as to how you are supposed to use the different kinds of nodes.
Could someone kindly suggest the merits of each? The manual for Nvivo ends
on a note suggesting that if you have imported a Nudist 4.0 project, there
is really no gain in converting a hierachical node structure, and use the
case nodes (page 72). If that is so, why have the case nodes at all?

3) finally, and this with regards both to Nvivo and Nudist, it appears
that it is not possible to browse a parent node, and then have included in
the report "hits" of the child nodes.

As an example, if I have arranged my nodes hierachically, so that "Bart
simpson" would be a child node of simply "simpsons", then I would expect
it to be possible to have both units coded at "Bart Simpson" as well as
other child nodes of "simpsons" to show, when I browse the node
"simpsons". However, this does not seem to be possible - when I browse a
parent node, I get only what I coded at that particular node - not what
was coded at child nodes.

If this is indeed not possible, I don't understand what the great merit is
of having a hierachical node structure in the first place, other than
perhaps some convenience as far as finding the nodes in the process of
coding. COuld someone kindly clarify, if I have overlooked some
node-browsing functions, or if this apparent shortcoming of the
hierachical node structure in fact applies?

Thank you very much for any help on any of the three issues.

Cheers // Jens Kjaerulff