Thanks for the input.  Have you seen sheepskin be effective? It may work for
friction reduction, but it doesn't do much for pressure, which is a bigger
problem for friction in this man.  I've been working hard to eliminate the
rare eggcrate mattress, and am currently working to get rid of those useless
heel protectors, so I'd hate to bring in a sheepskin boot unless it's the only
option, to avoid misunderstanding with others on it's general acceptability.

As far as tone goes, he was on PT when he got to the hospital over a year and
a half ago.  I wasn't here then, but he was on PT for a little while, with
little change.  He began to improve a little a year ago, responding more with
a bit of volitional movement. It was short lived, though, and he returned to
the previous status.

Renee

--
Renee Cordrey, MSPT, CWS

"He's the best physician that knows the worthlessness of the most medicines."
Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac, 1733