Hi Sandy,

Land eval depends on the condition the patient has, but is not really
affected by the fact that you will be using hydro, as far as literature I've
read says.

At the our national hospital hydro section  we use a screening form for
hydro patients that looks at:

Contra-indications :
Unstable cardiac Condition
Systemic Illness/ Pyrexia
Faecal Incontinence
Recent DVT
Recent Pulm Embolus
Skin / Wound Infection
Advance Renal Failure

Precautions:
Cardiac Conds e.g. angine, LHF
RRF pacemaker
Epilepsy
Renal Disease
Diabetes (stable / not)
Hyper/ hypotension
Haemophelic
Contagious Viral Condition
Contagious Fungal Condition
Hearing Deficiency ? Glasses, Lenses
Trachectomy
Acute fear of water
Poor skin integrity
Chlorine sensitivity

Close to all of these, one may mark yes, no and note any comments.

Other items checked are:

Method of Entry ? steps/ gantry / no of helpers ?
Mobility aids ? chair, stick, frame ?

Hope this helps,
Good Luck !

Owen Sant' Angelo