Hello--

I'm having a bit of difficulty phrasing what I want, so I hope this makes
sense.

I'm looking for works that examine the importance of taking a Christian
name, either upon conversion or baptism and the significance of this act to
one's own sense of Christian identity, and the sense of the community as
well.  I'd like something that traces it back to Saul/Paul, and maybe even
looks hypothetically at the addition of "Christ" to Jesus' name.

The focus of the work(s) would have to, of course, be medieval, as I am
looking at instances of conversion in medieval literature.

Thanks,

Ron Ganze
University of Oregon