Peter King  writes

>...inclosure [correct spelling] ....

"inclosure" is used by Ernle, Orwin, Hoskins.  "enclosure" is used by
Mingay, F.M.L.Thompson, Tate, Thirsk and even Arthur Young.  Some
energetic researcher might care to draw up longer lists and take a head
count.  I think Acts of Parliament usually use "inclosure".  My guess is
that these days most people use "enclosure".

>If you need a source to cite,  I would suggest a legal text book on the
Law as to Commonland, probably best an older edition of such.

These books tend to be somewhat hard to find.  A legal bibliography,
Lawyers' Law Books, suggests:

Campbell, I,  A Guide to the Law of Commons, 2 ed., 1973
Elton, C.I., Treatise on Common and Waste Lane, 1868
Harris B. and Ryan, G, an Outline of Law Relating to the Common Land
and Public Access to the Countryside Act, 1967
Scrutton, T.E., On Commons, 1867
Woolrych, H.W., Law of the Rights of Common, 2nd ed., 1850

Ouside a law library, it might be easier to find:

Denman, D.R., Roberts, R.A. and Smith, H.J.F., Commons and Village
Greens, Leonard Hill, 1967

It contains, in Appendix II, at page 462, a useful glossary of terms -
which is based on the Glossary used by the Royal Commission on Common
Land, 1955-58, Appendix VI of their report.  (Denman et al. use
"inclosure").

--
Frank Sharman
Wolverhampton, UK