Dear all,

my name is Carlos Bethencourt. I'm a PhD student in Economics. I'm working in my thesis since one year when I finished the PhD courses in the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. My research field is the Political Economy. My paper analyzes the complementarity between the Pension System and the Health Care System. I'm  focusing on the political sustainability of both systems in voting models, where the individuals decide the size of the welfare system (decide the quantity of health and pensions).

Now, I'm looking for data. It's necessary to me to obtain the time series of life expectancy (for adult people and 65 and over people) among income groups. However, I've found a lot of problems to achieve them. For the moment I haven't seen any paper with these time series.

I've seen works that comment the increasing differentials in mortality between rich people and poor people. But itīs very difficult to me to think that the differentials in life expectancy are increasing too. There are evidences about the convergence on life expectancy at international level. I think that in a intra-country level it must occur the same. Perhaps poor individuals are dying more than rich ones because there are more poor individuals. Obviously, I haven't data to evidence that. This is my problem. What do you think about it?

I dare to write you because I have these questions that I need solve and until the date I couldn't solve them. I'd thank you for your help. I'm not be able, alone, to find these time series. You would be a huge help for me if you could say to me where can I achieve them, or who could help me to found them.
It's been very hard to me, I had thounght that it'd be relatively easy, but it has been the opposite. I repit you I'm very grateful for you help,

thank you very much,
and SORRY A LOT FOR MY ENGLISH

yours sincerely
Carlos Bethencourt