Dear Paul Treanor,
Your message is effective and challenging, but objectionable. Prying into or
assessing  politicians' private lives is an American habit which we can well
do without. It breaches the principle of privacy and introduces a moralizing
and emotional  element in political analysis which clouds our judgment. The
sexual mores of Presidents or government ministers and the educational
strategies of Prime Ministers as far as their kids are concerned are no
business of yours, as long as the law is not broken. But maybe this is a
just the reaction of a Frenchman.
Yours,