BART was sued by Disability Rights Advocates due to chronic elevator
failures.  There is ongoing court monitoring (I believe) of elevator
maintenance and repair.  Also, BART is now required to provide periodic
"elevator updates" over its P.A. system and via signage.

Actually, the city of San francisco was itself sued (also by DRA) for its
failure to develop and implement a transition plan.

I would try the Berkeley/Oakland CIL again at (510) 763-9999.  I would also
try DRA at (510) 451-8644.  There are email addresses, but I don't have them
handy.

Claudia