Dear Henry
Mairian gave some good disability related examples of feminist geography.
Perhaps you would also like to peruse the respected Feminist Geography
journal Gender, Place and Culture.  Several 'anthologies' of feminist
geography also exist, which I think implies that it is in some way an
established discipline, e.g. Feminist Geographies, edited by the Women and
Geography group of the Royal Geographical Society.
I can see how you might think the feminist study of rock formations bizarre
/ 'nonsense' but geography is slightly more complex than that.
Incidentally, I am not a geographer.
Kate