Just to chime in with support

(a) for adding Performer

I skimmed through the "roles" explicitly coded in records I have received
as part of the LC/Ameritech competition and reckoned that everything else
was either included in Rebecca's list or clearly too specialized
(e.g. slide-maker, lithographer)

(b) concern about Illustrator

The definition seems book-centric.  Would it include the photographer for
a book illustrated by photographs or the "cover" designer for recorded
music (even music distributed over the web will have associated graphics
as part of its packaging, surely).

I would be tempted to drop Illustrator and assume that it is another
particularization of Contributor/Collaborator that doesn't belong on the
minimalist list.

        Caroline Arms                                [log in to unmask]
        National Digital Library Program
        Library of Congress