Does anyone recall a piece of writing published in the late 1970s or early
1980s, asserting that geography had no privileged position in the
social sciences when it comes to radical social theory? This may sound
like any one of a number of writings and it's probably no further help
that it appeared in an edited volume devoted to geographic thought, of
which there were of course many at the time.

Alas, I made no note of this book three years ago when I first picked it
up, and it's nowhere to be found on my university library's shelves.

I'm wanting to take a look at this piece again, as it strikes a very
strong counternote to the 'society and space' axioms that have since
become dear to 'critical human geography,' pardon the expression.

Thanks to anyone with a clue,

George Henderson
Dept. of Geography
University of Arizona