I could kill to have some proper and reliable reference for this type
of information. There are lots of little "light" stories like that, that
could elucidate attitudes to animals that would be of great value in
interpretation: I am not talking about direct analogies, just
broadening our horizon: I can imagine that undeniable similarities
between pigs and humans, and the love-hate relationship stemming
from potential antropomorphization, have given rise to many peculiar
customs.

A more "serious" question: has anyone ever come across "typical"
(fine transversal) skinning marks on pig metapodia/phalanges?

Cheers, Laszlo