Paul Meadows wrote:

> I have recently been informed by a member of the Institute of
> Logistics and Transport (formerly the Chartered Institute of
> Transport) that there are negotiations going on at the ILT concerning
> the future of the building at Portland Place and of library services
> to members.

This matter was discussed at a meeting of the ILT's South Yorkshire
Branch committee last night. There was, er, some surprise that we had to
learn this from the pages of "Local Transport Today" while the library's
services are still being advertised in "Focus" (the ILT magazine).

The matter will be raised at the Council meeting on Thursday 16th, and
I suggest that any ILT member with strong views should contact their
branch chairman/secretary asap.

BTW, the Library is surely a resource for the whole of the CIT
worldwide, not just the "CIT in the UK"/ILT, so it seems unlikely that
any decision on its future can be taken without a very much wider
debate.
--
Neil Worthington MCIT, Doncaster, UK