Hi,

I recently started a Ph.D looking at Sustainable Suburban Transport, and
if/how such a thing can be acheived.  I am primarily looking at the UK
context, which has quite different types of suburban development to many
European countries and the US.

While there is substantial literature on suburbs, sprawl, suburban transport
and the effects of density on transport it is almost exclusively US work.
Does anyone know of any work done in the UK on:
* Residential density and its effect on transport choices
* Mixed use development and its effect on transport choices
* Differences in suburban and city travel patterns
* Anything on suburban travel

Any help greatly appreciated.

BW

Martin Gibson