-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher J. Rutty [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 25 July 2000 10:11
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: FYI: Health Heritage Research Services WWW - new polio and
vaccine history content

Hello All:

This is just a brief announcement to let you know that the Health
Heritage Research Services website has recently been updated.

Of particular interest are the newly posted history of polio
resources, which include some of my short articles on the history of
polio vaccines and short and longer biographical articles on Dr.
Robert D. Defries. He was Director of Connaught Medical Research
Laboratories and the School of Hygiene at the University of Toronto
from 1940 to 1955, and played a key role in the history of the Salk
vaccine. He was also a central player in the evolution of Canadian
public health.

The largest addition is an online exhibition entitled "Canada and the
History of Vaccines," which highlights a multimedia exhibit I put
together for the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame in London, Ontario,
during the 1996 "Year of the Vaccine." The main foci are the
histories of smallpox vaccine, diphtheria toxoid, polio vaccines, and
influenza, measles and more modern vaccines, and the key
contributions Canada, and in particular, Connaught Medical Research
Laboratories, while it was part of the University of Toronto
(1914-1972), and later, made to their development, production,
evaluation and distribution.

The key links to the new content are:

http://www.healthheritageresearch.com

http://www.healthheritageresearch.com/PolioHistory.html

http://www.healthheritageresearch.com/CMHFexhibit-intro.html

I would welcome any comments and constructive criticisms that you
would care to offer.

Thanks and take care,

Chris

--
***************************
CHRISTOPHER J. RUTTY, Ph.D.
Founder & President, HEALTH HERITAGE RESEARCH SERVICES
32 Jillson Ave.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M6S 2P4
Phone: 416-769-7948
HHRS Website:
http://www.healthheritageresearch.com
**************************
HANNAH POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW
Institute for the History & Philosophy of Science & Technology
University of Toronto
Victoria College, Room 316
Toronto, ON, M5S 1K7
Phone: 416-978-6973