-----Original Message-----
From: Nancy Reynolds [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 20 July 2000 19:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Looking for 19th Century Devices

A Texas pediatrician collects antique medical devices and has asked for
sources to contact to find devices used to prevent masturbation in
children.  I have found illustrations and descriptions of their uses for
a knee crutch and a brace used "to prevent manual masturbation" in the
book "Treatment of the Diseases of Children" by Charles Gilmore Kerley,
2nd ed., W.B. Saunders, 1909, pp. 455-58.

If anyone can suggest sources to contact about the availability and
prices of such medical devices, please let me know directly.

Thank you!

Nancy

Nancy Reynolds
Library Director