-----Original Message-----
From: curatorial [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 07 March 2000 09:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: For moderation - Re: Controlled terminology for historic
medical artefacts

Dear Simon
We are going to be transferring to the AAT Getty thesaurus which does
contain some useful entries under medicine and surgery.  We're going to use
what we can and add where we need to, albeit on an unofficial basis.  To
add to it officially, you need to provide referenced and well-argued cases.
 We have a copy here which you or anyone else is welcome to look at.
Regards
Jenny Wetton

>From The Museum of Science and Industry, Liverpool Rd, Manchester M3 4FP,
England.  Tel: +44 (0)161 832 2244; fax: +44 (0)161 834 5135.  Visit our
website at www.msim.org.uk