From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 06 March 2000 14:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: For moderation - MEDICAL IMAGE AVAILABLE FOR SALE

Attention to Institutions, Medical School Libraries, and Private Collectors:

Important daguerreotype for sale immediately.  Two sixth plate
daguerreotypes
circa 1850.  They both show a baby with a horrible myelomeningocele.  In one

image, the baby is held toward the camera showing the myelomeningocele.  In
the other, which is by far more important, the baby breastfeeds from his/her

mother.  I know of about a dozen daguerreotypes of baby's breastfeeding
extant, and this one is outstanding.  Not only is it an important medical
image, there is a sense of poignancy.  Mother and baby have eye contact in
the breastfeeding image, making it a beautiful picture.  Extremely important

medical daguerreotype.  Viewable at http://members.aol.com/earlyphoto and
choose "medag".  Feel free to email me any questions or comments.
[log in to unmask] PRICE:  $10,500.  (INSTITUTIONAL BILLING ALLOWED).