The address for contributions was left off the bottom, here it is again
-----Original Message-----
From: Jean Noble <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 15 February 2000 18:38
Subject: [TGC-L] Drag King Anthology (fwd)

Hi Stephen,

Um, I've just seen this posted on the ts lists. My name was inadvertinely
left off the bottom of the call; since we want folks in Canada to be able
to send papers to me, is it possible for this to be reposted with the
correction?

Thanks so much. By the way, am waiting, anxiously, for your edited
collection to hit the stores here. It looks fab!

Bobby (Jean) Noble

CALL FOR PAPERS

Collection of Essays:  The Drag King Anthology  (Editors:  Troka,
LeBesco and Noble)

The Drag King Anthology is an interdisciplinary, cultural
studies-oriented collection of writing that explores issues
surrounding the female-to-male gender performances of drag kings.
  The editors seek submissions which accessibly address questions
including:  What is drag, and how does stage “kinging” differ
from other forms of gender performance, including “queening” or
FTM performance in everyday life?  In what ways is FTM drag
political?  (How) Do performances of masculinity
intersect/overlap with performances of social class, race,
ethnicity, age, sexual identity?  How do feminists, dyke
communities, gay men, transgendered communities, Hollywood, or
middle America respond to drag kings? What historical or
non-Western precedents exist for today’s drag kings?  Scholarly essays and
personal memoirs are welcome, as are photos and illustrations.

Interested parties are encouraged to contact any of the editors listed below
before the deadline to discuss their future submissions.  The deadline for
receipt of completed manuscripts is June 15, 2000. Submissions should be no
longer than 10,000 words, including notes and references.  Three paper
copies should be mailed to Kathleen LeBesco at the address below:

Kathleen LeBesco
Communication Arts Department
Marymount Manhattan College
221 East 71st St.