Date: 10 March 2000 12:25
Subject: EQUALITY

Subject: Vermont Legislation

Vermont needs help...

As you may know, the Supreme Court of Vermont recently ruled that committed
homosexual relationships should have the same rights and privileges afforded
to married heterosexual couples. There are over 1,000 rights that come with
marriage which are currently denied to gay couples including hospital
visitation/medical decisions, rights of survivorship, filing joint tax
returns, etc. etc.

This is a VERY important first step towards equality in America. However,
the Governor's office of Vermont has been BOMBARDED with phone calls by
anti-gay individuals opposing the recent decision -- primarily fuelled by
the "Doctor Laura" radio program which gave out the phone number.

At present the Vermont  Governor's office, only a HANDFUL of callers who
SUPPORT this huge step towards equal rights have contacted his office.
Please add your name to the following list.

COPY this into a new e-mail, and send it to your friends. When the list
reaches 25 people, please send it to [log in to unmask]

Dear Lieutenant Governor Douglas A. Racine,

We the undersigned deeply support your move to have equal rights for same
sex partners. You have taken a historical step towards mending the many
fractures that divide our society. The following list is comprised of people
from all walks of life, from straight to gay. Thank you for your continued
support and your forward-thinking politics.

1. Laurie Moser, Pittsburgh, PA
2. Paige Beal, Pittsburgh, PA
3. Lisa Everett, Pittsburgh, PA
4. Nancy Klancher, Pittsburgh, PA
5. Michelle Wright, Pittsburgh PA
6. Katherine Lieber, NYC
7. Julie Gozan, Norman, OK
8. Benjamin L. Alpers, Norman, OK
9. Andrew Horton, Norman, OK
10. Russell Campbell, Wellington, New Zealand
11. Bill Logan, Wellington, New Zealand
12. Chris Pugsley, Wellington, New Zealand
13. Kris Ericksen, Wellington, New Zealand
14. Gill Dunne, Cambridge, UK
15. Revd Samuel McBratney, Spalding, UK
16. Chris Pulling, Spalding, UK
17. Mark Newman, Cambridge, UK