Subject: LA Times article, "Through the Gender Labyrinth"
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 11:04:17 -0500
From: Leandra Vicci <[log in to unmask]>
To: [long list of recipients]

Dear friends and family:

During this week, the LA Times Sunday Magazine cover story, "Through the Gender
Labyrinth -- How a bright boy with a penchant for tinkering grew up to be one of
the top women in her high-tech field,"  can be accessed at
http://www.latimes.com/print/magazine/  This is the story of Lynn Conway, one of
the giants of Computer Science and Integrated Circuit design.  Her story in my
opinion represents one of the most compelling examples of a productive,
successful transsexual who excelled in spite of the social barriers and
prejudices arrayed against her.  I recommend it highly.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    -- Lea