Katherine, Emilia, and Jacob,

I enjoyed the correspondence re US Census hugely.  Your arrow, Kate, betwen
the two boxes was wonderful!  Good luck to you all.  I suspect that there'll
be no upshot from your action, though; it will just be counted amongst the
'spoilt data' category and that will be that.  Sad but probably true.

Personally, as someone who alternates between feeling female and male
approximately equally, when I am in female mode (my physical gender is male)
I don't want to draw attention to the fact, I just want to get on with it
and be accepted by those around me.  It's not easy for them, and so I try
and make allowances, while still aiming for self expression.  (It doesn't
always work, but, hell, what does in life?)

Before anybody replies to me with "maybe you're being a little relaxed about
this", let me counter with the observation that to expect modern day
beaurocracies to devote enough time to resolving an item of (to them) spoilt
data is... hopeful, at best.  Nevertheless, I wish you luck Emilia and Jacob
and hope you get your chance to make your point.

Love to all,

Katherine Terry [but I answer to Peter, when I'm in a good mood :-) ]