From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Harenski, Keith
Sent: 15 September 2000 15:16
To: [log in to unmask] '
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: spatial normalization and segmentation

Hello Xavier -

Thanks for the reply and believe me, the length was appreciated. Your gray matter threshold setting suggestion was right on the money. That completely eliminated all "outside" voxels. My only question regarding the grey threshold is, if after we segment the image into the gray compartment based on the a priori images incorporated into spm99, why would I have to specify a gray threshold since all that should be left in the image is gray matter? Or is this simply a way of assuring that any voxels that were misclassified during the segmentation are not included in the analysis?

Thanks again... Keith