Dear Marta,

> I'm looking for a way to extract the average signal of a cluster (of
> activation map)
> in order to analyse it. Is it possible within SPM99 do this?
> I would like to add some additional questions to the above request,
> though perhaps it's already implied in the previous message.
> Is it possible within SPM99 to plot the average behavior of all
> significant voxels in a small cluster rather than plotting for just a
> single selected voxel? And it is possible analyse separatly the signal
> of
> two or more adjacent clusters?

Yes, yes and yes. To make SPM99 extract a signal from a cluster, you
need some update to spm_regions.m, which I just copied into the
update-section.

ftp://ftp.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/spm99_updates/

You'll need three files:
spm_regions.m
spm_filter.m
spm_dcm_display.m

In the results section, click onto the 'V.O.I.' button and follow the
instructions. SPM will then extract the first eigenvariate from a
cluster, which is similar to its average signal, but provides a better
representation of what is going on in the cluster over time. The
extracted first eigenvariate can be accessed as variable Y in the matlab
workspace.

Stefan
--
Stefan Kiebel