I am trying to determine the proper threshold to exclude non-gray matter voxels
from the analysis.  It seems that the default 0.8 threshold may be too liberal
and may be including too many white matter voxels, in turn inflating the search
volume and decreasing the statistical power.  On the other hand, I don't want to
make the threshold too stringent and exclude critical areas that have relatively
low counts (e.g., amygdala).

Is it correct that I could use the Check Registration function to compare a
voxel in a specific subject's image with the mask.img that is created during the
analysis to confirm whether that voxel in a particular region was included or
excluded from the analysis ?

sg

( Note new e-mail address:
Steven Grant, Ph.D.
Cognitive Neuroscience of Addiction Program
Clinical Neurobiology Unit
Div. Treatment Research & Development
National Institute on Drug Abuse
Room 4-4238