Hi Yanjun,

I have never used single subject analysis for my own data but I read about
it on Matthew Brett his page.

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/Imaging/
and then the chapter 'Introduction to SPM statistics'

There a single subject study is discussed with a contrast not adding up to
zero, it says (just below the first figure):
"This is a single subject PET analysis, with covariates only,
using proportional scaling and all the usual SPM96 defaults. I have selected
the 12 files for this subject in scan order (1 to 12); for the covariate I
entered the numbers for Task Difficulty that you see in the tables below. I
asked for a single contrast, which was '1' (see below). If you would like
to, and you have SPM96 (or 99) you can reproduce the analysis."

Perhaps that page helps?

Regards,
	Simone Reinders.

------