>(1) what is the proper relationship between sociology and MABS?  Alan
> started the debate with an offhand philosophical question about whether
> groups were "real" or not.

Keith, I may have appeared philosophically off hand, an probably didnt
phrase the question clearly enough - what I was really trying to get to was
an explicit answer - from anyone out there - on what people felt the
phenomena were emerging from MABS work that were 'real enough' to use in
further explorations (I used Hacking's rather nice idea that 'its real if
you can spray it' which he applys to the reality of fundamental particles).
No one has answered that question yet... perhaps I should not be surprised,
but until we have theoretical entities we can use to explore others with I
think we have some way to go.

Alan