Sheila Snowden who runs our travelling shows asked me to post these questions on the list for general discussion, partly for our info, but also because the info would be of general use to anyone thinking of doing travelling exhibitions - OK folks, what do you think?

Science Projects have four travelling exhibitions available for hire. We are planning to create two more over the next year but before we go ahead I want to have a more general discussion about topics, prices, sizes, etc.

The four we have at present are Senses, Risk, Medieval Machines and Puzzles and Illusions. These are all hands-on, have about 16 exhibits each and take up about 100sqm. They are very popular with visitors and are suitable for a wide range of ages. The structures are versatile and are easy to set-up and can be arranged to fit most venues.

What I would like to know is
1. what science centres and museums can actually afford, both for a weekly hire fee and for the delivery/collection charge
2. how much they have paid for temporary exhibitions in the past
3. what space they normally have available
4. how long they would want to have a temporary exhibition
5. what new topics would they like to see
6. if any have travelling exhibitions of their own they would like to swop

IAN SIMMONS
Today is Close
-sign in Camden kebab shop window