Caroline asked me to forward this to psci-com:
====

I was at the SciBAr last night, and tho' it was heartening to see all those
people there and Colin Blakemore seemed like a thoroughly nice chap, I was a
bit disappointed. The subject for the evening was "Risk" and I was hoping to
hear a little more about risk - how it is defined, how it is calculated by
scientists and the psychology the public uses in making decisions based on
risk. I would have liked a longer introduction by Blakemore before opening
up the floor.

But I thought it was an interesting discussion nevertheless.

When's the next one?

Caroline Davis