An intriguing subject....!

A couple of questions I need help with to explain some demos...

1. Why does orange juice taste bitter after you brush your teeth? I read
that it was because the foaming action of toothpaste blocked the sweet
receptors on your tongue and so all you could taste was the citric acid.
However if this is the case, why do mint sweets or chewing gum do the same
thing when they don't foam?

2. Can anyone explain why, when you stand in a doorway and press the backs
of your hands hard against the door frame for 60 seconds or so, then step
forward and relax, your arms float upwards?

Please help!

Thanks

Wendy Sadler
Techniquest