Simon - an increasing proportion of pollution **is** coming from the
developing world and the curve is rising very fast.  The argument I was
making was that this trend will only reverse with economic development (the
kuznet's curve) - action on poverty and action on the environment thus go
hand in hand.

Also, as you say, one picks ones pollutants to make different cases.  You
might look at CO2 - I might look at indoor pollution from biomass etc, which
helps make respiratory illnesses one of the most important killers of the
world's children.

On global warming - as I said, I don't know how bad the effects will be
(whether the part of the UK where I live will disappear under water, for
example) and don't pretend to.

David

David Steven
River Path Associates
http://www.riverpath.com
+44 (0)1202 849993 (work)
+44 (0)7939 038832 (mobile)
61a West Borough, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 1LX, UK