Any thoughts on how we might help these people? I have already contacted
Arts Catalyst.

---------------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------------
Date:        16/7/00 08:41
From:        Brigitte Stemmer, [log in to unmask]
To:          Peter Green, [log in to unmask]

Dear Peter Green,

this is probably a somewhat unusual request but our project is a bit
unusual and it may need some unconventional contacts and searches.

Henri Cohen and I are researches in the mind and brain sciences. We have
put together what we think is a real interesting book addressed to the
interested lay person on the mind and brain. We have collected a group
of very well known and reputed scientists and writers across disciplines
who are enthusiastic and like the idea of communicating their expertise
knowledge to a broad audience. Our goal is to include all sorts of art
work and also the internet as a demonstration and fun site to complement
the book. Henri and I have published with reputed academic publishers
and therefore do have contacts here. MIT Press, APA, AP like the idea
but either they want to make an Internet only book (MIT) or make changes
that would make a creative book boringly conventional. We have started
the project with the goal that it should be fun for us and the authors
and allow for creative ideas. This seems to be beyond conventional
publishing houses. We do not have much connections to the trade
publishing work.

To make a long story short: As you have experience and contacts in
science and the media, may we kindly ask you whether you can think of
any press, media etc. who would be interested in our rather
unconventional (at least not conservative enough for regular academic
presses) project?

I hope I haven't bored you too much with this request but it's always
worth a try to contact people and get some input I thought.

Thanks so much,

kind regards
Brigitte Stemmer

********************************

Brigitte Stemmer (MD, PhD)
- Kliniken Schmieder and
Lurija Institute for Rehabilitation
and Health Science
- University of Montreal, Dept. of Medicine
- UQAM, Sciences Neurocognitives

Phone: (+49) 7533-808-1393 (clinic)
       (+49) 7531-24679 (home)
Email: [log in to unmask]   OR

Peter Green
Project Director
AlphaGalileo: the Internet press centre for European science, medicine
and technology
www.alphagalileo.org

peter.green @alphagalileo.org
+44 1793 514276 (answerphone and fax)