If you want a place on the web to buy this kind of thing I have been looking at Audible.com.

Interesting stuff. Worth a look anyway. The samples are fairly impressive.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jon Corelis
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, 28 April 2000 1:18
  Subject: Whitman (was Bunting)

     There exists a ten second recording of Whitman (done by Thomas Edison)
  reading the beginning of his poem America.  When I heard it I thought,
  absurdly, "He sounds so American..."

     There are also recordings extant of Tennyson, Browing, and Kipling, but I
  haven't been able to track them down.  Some of these were on an LP issued in
  New York in the 1960s under the title History Speaks, but I've never been
  able to find a copy.  If anyone knows of one for sale, or of any other
  sources of very early recorded poetry, I'd be grateful for the information.