 oh all right, just one more since it's getting so
entertaining...Mr Lumsden says: "you add a personal
jibe at me which 99% of readers will have missed".
Including me, for I have literally no idea what you're
talking about. I couldn't say anything personal about
you, since I've never met you and know nothing about
you. Nor do I have anything "against your comments on
poetry" because I haven't read them, except on this
list and not much then - as I've said before, I
haven't the time to read everything. I quoted one
phrase from a posting of yours, about freeing the list
from "bores and clowns", but since I quoted it
verbatim any offence in it is yours. If there is any
other reference to you it must be accidental, or
imagined. Nor are you reading carefully  enough. I did
not say people on the list (or "us" as you rather
revealingly term them) were desperate for friends. I
said Susanne was. Nor have I ever "threatened"
violence to anyone; I'm not that ignorant of the law.
I said I would be tempted - unlike Oscar, I can resist
temptation. You sound awfully beleaguered and
threatened by any criticism relating to this list,
like it's your home and someone's throwing bricks at
it? But it isn't anyone's home, just a caff where they
spend the odd few minutes each day (or more in some
cases!) and it would surely be unhealthy to get too
attached to it or proprietorial about it. It's
entertaining, BUT IT ISN'T THAT IMPORTANT (caps
intentional).
Genuinely signing off now; got to go and have 3 weeks
of serious fun. Maybe I'll even make RL's day and not
come back, at least not in this identity... Sorry,
only joking about the last bit... maybe.